viernes, 28 de marzo de 2014

MY IDOLS WHEN I AM OLDER!



When I was  young, my idols were  footballers or band leaders.. why?,  they have everything, and everything means popularity,  money, photos in the newspapers, girls and fame. And of course, my main interests were music and football, and these people perfomed great there. 


When I started to become older  ( and I had my aniversary this week), I realised that: 


1) Your interests change, and you discover that there are other interesting areas in the life. 

2)  Some people, when have a talent and / or have a big position, decides to put a lot of distance with normal people as you /me.  Personally  I do not find a big merit in being better than others for having a talent given by birth,  it is only luck.


Who are my idols today? People that try to excell each day in their professions, but as well in their lives, and they do not forget that to be a great professional is important to be a balanced and happy person, because without balance, it is difficult to do a long-run race. 


Last week I went with my  friend Victor Martin to "El Celler del Can Roca". This restaurant is leaded by Joan, Josep and Jordi Roca, three brothers that got for their restaurant the  Michelin  3 starts, and not only that, the first position in the list of best world restaurants organised by the journal The Restaurant. After some excellent wines and creative tasty dishes, I had the chance to speak with the three brothers. 



These people are my idols today. Why  are they   my idols today?


1) Their results. They are clear and undeniable!.  3 Michelin Starts and  the first position in the list of best world restaurants organised by the journal The Restaurant.
2) They are the best in one of my interests today, the cuisine, because  it creates worth and makes happy the people (as the football or the music)
3)  A will to improve themselves: They try to improve their dishes each week. To do that, they create, but they read and observe from the best chefs without any envy and with a spirit of healthy competition. In their dishes there are influences from France, Spain, Peru, Catalunya, Mexique,...
4) They love what they are doing. They love speak about other chefs, about dishes and they are still in the restaurant cooking, helping to cook and speaking / having pictures with the guests
5) They are humanily focused. They told me that the first position in the list of best restaurants was not the most  important, it was doing what they love and  make the customers  happy.
6) Integrity: This means  that your phrases and your actions have coherence. They speak about food with love and they are still in the restaurant giving an example, they speak about making  happy the customers and they are there appearing in pictures with the guests.. and if you look closely the picture, you will think that they were our  friends from  a long time ago, it is not true, we met them this day, but  the photo shows how really are they. Their smiles are completely sincere.


But they are not only my idols, there are many more, but they are not so popular as these chefs..all the people that improves themselves each  day, their actions and phrases have a coherence, love what are doing and do not fear to be close to the people independently of the position that they have. But it is important that people in higher positions set example in order to do a better world.




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario